Online Master's - Legal Studies
When most people think of careers in the legal field, they probably think of attorneys and judges. However, there are a growing number of competitive law-related career opportunities that do not require you to pass the bar. The online Master of Legal Studies is designed for professionals who wish to work within the legal system but are not lawyers. This is not a pre-law or paralegal program but one for students who are seeking a master’s degree to advance in non-legal careers that can be strengthened by having thorough knowledge of the law.
Graduates of the MLS program will be able to succeed in areas such as human relations, criminal and juvenile justice, the court system (including magistrates and probation officers), journalism, social work, regulatory agencies, county and municipal government, business, and other professionals who work with, though not necessarily in, the legal system.
- Credit Hours: 36 (24 months)
- Pay in-state tuition no matter where you live thanks to WVU’s participation in the Southern Regional Electronic Campus.
- Priority application deadline: May 1 for fall, October 15 for spring.
- Financial aid is available; complete the FAFSA to be considered for aid programs.
- West Virginia University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Ready to take charge of your future? Complete the form below and one of WVU’s enrollment specialists will be in touch to help you chart your path.