Online Master's - Music Industry
While music is an art, it is also a global multi-billion dollar industry that employs hundreds of thousands of people in live performance, production, and music publishing sectors. The online Master of Arts in Music Industry program prepares students for careers in the music industry business by offering integrated, interdisciplinary approach to understanding and mastering music industry systems, methods, and practices. Taught by faculty in the College of Creative Arts and the music industry professionals, the program consists of courses that cover all the music industry income streams and structures, from intellectual property in music industry, music publishing, and live music industry, to music marketing and promotion, music production, and music in the media.
The students of this program acquire high-level industry skills of wide spectrum, and deep understanding and ability to succeed in the business of music, including music publishing, artist representation, live music industry, music production, and other music business related sectors. Once all courses are completed, a practical capstone project is undertaken, giving the students an opportunity to demonstrate their mastery of the field, and enhance their professional project portfolios.
- Credit Hours: 39 (24 months).
- Priority application deadline: July 1 for fall.
- Financial aid is available; complete the FAFSA to be considered for aid programs.
- West Virginia University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- The GRE requirement may be waived if the student’s undergraduate GPA is 3.3 or higher (on 4.0 scale), or if the student has 5 or more years of music industry related professional experience with strong academic and/or professional recommendations.
Ready to take charge of your future? Complete the form below and one of WVU’s enrollment specialists will be in touch to help you chart your path.