Online Master’s - Special Education
Special education is an evolving field, and keeping up to date with the latest techniques and theories will make you a better teacher. WVU’s online Master of Arts in Special Education allows you to hone your talents and establish new skills for teaching students with special needs or exceptional gifts. You’ll find that the combination of live webinar sessions and self-paced online assignments easily fits into your busy schedule. The required field and practicum experiences can be completed in your home community with local supervision and online oversight.
- Credit hours: 36-39.
- Specializations: Autism spectrum disorders, early intervention/early childhood, gifted education, low vision/blindness, multicategorical special education, severe/multiple disabilities.
- Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks WVU’s online graduate education programs 31st in the nation (2014).
- Meets the professional standards of the Council for Exceptional Children.
- Pay in-state tuition no matter where you live thanks to WVU's participation in the Southern Regional Electronic Campus.
- Start in any semester: fall, spring, or summer.
- Financial aid is available; complete the FAFSA to be considered for aid programs.
This degree meets State of West Virginia requirements for special education certification. Students from many other states have used these courses to meet their state requirements.
Ready to take charge of your future? Complete the form below and one of WVU’s enrollment specialists will be in touch to help you chart your path.